Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)

Get in touch with us

Our Facilities

We render our services at the following venues:

Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)


Our Stellenbosch offices are located in the Administration Building, Stellenbosch Provincial Hospital.
Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)


Our offices in Paarl are located in the TC Newman Clinic, Paarl East.
Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)


  • Cloetesville Primary School
  • Pniel Primary School

We love to hear from you, please send us a message.

    Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)


    Stellenbosch Provincial Hospital
    Merriman Avenue

    Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)


    TC Newman Memorial Hospital
    36 Rosary, Charleston Hill

    Good Hope Psychological Service (GHPS)

    How do I make an appointment to see a therapist?

    Send an email to request a referral form to [email protected]




    Stellenbosch area

    (021) 887 7913 or 069 329 2036


    Paarl area

    (021) 887 6400 ask for Good Hope Psychological Service or 081 378 2981

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Can I make an appointment for someone else?

    We do accept referrals. However it is very important that the person KNOWS they are being referred and more important that the person WANTS the help. Experience has taught us that clients who are referred without understanding the reason for it, often do not arrive for appointments. For this reason we ask that, where possible, the person needing the service phone for an appointment themselves.

    Admitting that one needs help is the first step on the road to mental well-being.

    Do you do psychometric assesments?

    Although we do have some tests available, the focus of our work is mainly psychological and emotional issues. If we do find that a current client needs to have an assessment done, we try to accommodate them where possible.

    We do NOT do:

    • Placement of children in special schools.
    • Court reports
    • Disability grants.
    • Prescription of medication.
    Can I do my internship with you?

    By law we can only accommodate students who have been registered with the Health Professional Council of South Africa as an Intern Psychologist or Registered Counsellor. Four years study (BPsych) in Psychology in a course accredited by the HPCSA, is the minimum requirement for an internship as Registered Counsellor. A Master’s degree in Counselling or Educational Psychology, with registration with the HPCSA is the requirement for an internship as a Psychologist.

    Please contact Carien de Klerk with questions in this regard.

    Can I volunteer at your organisation?

    Due to the nature of therapeutic work and confidentiality attached to it, we do not have that many opportunities for volunteering. All of our staff are registered at their respective professional bodies and we take ethical guidelines very seriously.

    We do make use of volunteers in our administration and with homework assistance or support groups.

    If someone is suicidal, what do I do?

    Immediately go to out-patients at your nearest hospital or seek the assistance of a medical doctor. After the suicide risk is over, we offer therapy to work through the emotional issues related to the event.